Ora-01772 on Sqlloader

  • From: "srinivasan Venkat" <srini.venkat.raman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:40:11 +0530

Hi All,

I need to load Numeric data that contains 'Comma' as a decimal seperator. I
am getting ora-01772 error. I have verified the Metalink Note 282223.1 as
well. It didnt help me out. The scenario as follows

DB Characterset - WE8ISO8859P1
NLS_NUMBERIC_CHARACTERS=.,
DB version= 9.2.0.6

I am using the following control file.

I have a table called test

create table test(INVOICE_AMOUNT_BRUTTO number);

test.ctl

LOAD DATA
INFILE "test.txt"
APPEND
INTO TABLE test
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ";"
TRAILING NULLCOLS
( INVOICE_AMOUNT_BRUTTO)

My test.txt contains

345.456,78

My test.log contains.

Column Name Position Len Term Encl Datatype ------------------------------ ---------- ----- ---- ---- --------------------- INVOICE_AMOUNT_BRUTTO FIRST * ; CHARACTER

Record 1: Rejected - Error on table TEST, column INVOICE_AMOUNT_BRUTTO.
ORA-01722: invalid number

Table TEST: 0 Rows successfully loaded. 1 Row not loaded due to data errors. 0 Rows not loaded because all WHEN clauses were failed. 0 Rows not loaded because all fields were null. Can you show some light on this to load the numberic data.

Thanks
Srini