Optimal configuration of Xiotech Magnitude for RMAN backups

  • From: "Jeffery Thomas" <jeffthomas24@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 13:28:14 -0500

I know this is an older, slower array but it's all I have to use for backing
up a 500-GB test OLAP
database.     My understanding is that the rated throughput is 75Mb/sec.
I'm running
Oracle 9.2.0.6 on Solaris 9, Sunfire v1280.     I've been given 32 disks in
the array, roughly
1 terrabyte, and have been asked how I wanted them configured.     Due to
the slower speed
of the Magnitude, what would you suggest for configuring these disks?
One /backup
mount point, RAID 10, striped across all 32 disks?

Thanks,
Jeff