Re: OpenSource : MySQL or Postgress

  • From: "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:00:47 -0400

The problem I think with this ideas of using another database than the
one you use in all your business.

Is not the fact of using it, else the f act of using without analyzing
the problems and implications to use another database has.

If everything is analyzed and planified, this is ok.

But a CEO saying "x database is cheaper we can start to use it now
instead buying licenses" as if there were not hidden costs on that, is
really a bad idea.

So you should make your boss think about that and before taking the
decision doing a deeper analysis in details of all what implies a new
database in your network, starting from who is going to be responsible
to investigate about security issues, bugs, usage, etc. etc..