Re: Open read only after incomplete recovery?

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 10:44:59 +0200

Yes, the control files are on one of the BCV volumes; i.e. they're part of
the copy.

Just noticed this in the earlier email. In our BCV backups we excluded controlfiles to avoid possible corruptions. I am not sure if it's required though. AFAIK, controlfile transactions are normaly self-recoverable in case of block split during hot backup using block version bitmap and alternating two versions of blocks to update. Checkpoint heartbeat should not be splitted either as it's in one physical block. Don't know if async IO can cause any problems.

-- Best regards, Alex Gorbachev

http://oracloid.blogspot.com