One final Oracle LMS Audit Question (Proc metric and Named User servers)

  • From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 08:32:21 -0500

We have Processor and Named-User licenses in our environment.

We have 15 physical boxes.

Unfortunately we had 2 Oracle databases get stood up on our VMWare farm -
(before I got here!) so we'll put those aside for the time being.

What LMS did in the report they sent us was to arbitrarily assign the
Processor licenses to a box where we use Named-User licenses and they
applied the Named-User licenses to the proc boxes we have.

Basically we view SERVER_A and SERVER_B (RAC) as Processor Based Licensed,
and SERVER_C (32 Procs) as our Named-User server (and we have the minimums
required).

HOWEVER, in the LMS report, they used SERVER_C as our Proc Based Server and
show it as being short, and used SERVER_A + SERVER_B (RAC) as our
Named-User Servers.

Has anyone experienced that behavior from LMS before? How did you "fight"
it?

Chris