RE: OmniBack and HP-UX

  • From: "Jenner Mike" <mike.jenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:57:41 -0000

It's been a while since I was Unix admin on Solaris and HP but here's from
memory:

Each OS reserves 10% of disk space from non-root users in a slightly different
way.
Solaris (df -k) does this before telling you the available capacity percentage
and
HP (bdf?) does it afterwards, therefore only lets you reach 90%.

You always reserved this space on Solaris too, but you may not have noticed.

Maybe someone with more up to date UNIX Admin knowledge can confirm or
otherwise.

By the way, you're not restoring a Solaris database backup to HP are you? Last
time I checked the datafiles are not able to be 'moved' in this way.

Regards,
Mike.