Re: Offtopic: Norton Internet Secuity Software

  • From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: KENNETH JANUSZ <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:06:06 -0400

Friday, July 30, 2004, 12:15:51 PM, KENNETH JANUSZ (kjanusz@xxxxxxx) wrote:
KJ> Last year I purchased Norton Internet Security Prof. Edition.  It was a
mess - wouldn't work
KJ> at all.  So, now I am looking at the 2004 release.  Has anyone had any
problems getting the
KJ> 2004 release to work?

I stay away from that. I bought a copy a couple years back,
loaded it up on an admittedly somewhat underpowered PC, and
the load from that one software package just brought the PC
to its knees. It was just sooooo bloated. Since then I've
used Norton Anti-virus, no problems with that, but I avoid
their other software like the plague.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are
http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx

Join the Oracle-article list and receive one
article on Oracle technologies per month by
email. To join, visit http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/oracle-article,
or send email to Oracle-article-request@xxxxxxxxxxx and
include the word "subscribe" in either the subject or body.