Re: Odd behavior of function-based index after DB upgrade

  • From: Rakesh Tikku <rakesh.tikku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 22:47:52 -0700

Amir,
While you are getting a 10053 trace, you can try one more thing.

gather stats on the table with method_opt=> 'FOR ALL HIDDEN COLUMNS'

function indexes are internally implemented by adding a hidden column to the
table that stores the value with the function applied. I have seen missing
stats on this column causing function index to not to be picked up.

Rakesh

Managing Principal
DB Perf Inc.