Object Oriented Databases

  • From: Peter Barnett <regdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 18:43:27 -0700 (PDT)

We are building a web application that will be
accessing a database cache for its queries.
Essentially, the system of record will be polled
periodically and any updates will be applied to the
cache database.  One of the developers is pushing for
an Object Oriented Database.  Since we would be
querying text data or xml I am not sure what it really
buys us.

His leading candidate is Intersystem Cache Database.
What little I have been able to find does not sound
too promising.  Does anyone have any hands on
experience with it?

Pete Barnett

http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html