Re: Obj = -2

  • From: Edgar Chupit <edgar.chupit@xxxxx>
  • To: Anjo Kolk <anjo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:53:22 +0300

Hello Anjo,

AK> Has any one seen (at least in Oracle10g) that the object# is -2 for certain
AK> CR blocks of an object and not the real object or data object number and
AK> knows why that is?

I saw this blocks in buffer cache, I'm not sure but I can guess that
this blocks belongs to the CACHE segment. Please correct me if I'm
wrong.

Connected to Oracle Database 10g Release 10.1.0.3.0

SQL> select file#, dbablk
  2  from x$bh b
  3  where obj = 4294967294
  4  /

     FILE#     DBABLK
---------- ----------
         1        377

SQL> select segment_name, segment_type, block_id
  2  from dba_extents
  3  where 1 = file_id and  377 between block_id and block_id+blocks
  4  /

SEGMENT_NAME
 SEGMENT_TYPE         BLOCK_ID
BOOTSTRAP$