RE: OUI 10.1.0.2

  • From: "Ron Rogers" <RROGERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 14:50:48 -0400

Aaron,
This info is for a RedHat server but might give you some insite on
where to look for the installer info you need.
I think that it is included in the patch readme file or install steps
but I might be in error.
 when I installed 9.2  and then the 9.2.0.5 patch the installer was
placed in the $ORACLE_HOME/oui/bin.
There is a runInstaller.sh that will (cd /home/oracle/9.2/oui/bin and
./runInstaller $* )  this is the 10g installer.
There is another runInstaller located at $ORACLE_HOME/bin   This is the
9i installer.
action taken:
as oracle  cd
find . -name runInstaller
results:
./9.2/oui/install/runInstaller            10g installer
./9.2/oui/install/runInstaller.sh
./9.2/oui/bin/runInstaller                  10g installer
./9.2/oui/bin/runInstaller.sh
./9.2/bin/runInstaller                         9i installer
 If and when I need to run the installer I cd to the ./9.2/oui/bin and
then ./runInstaller to execute the 10g installer. If you are at
$ORACLE_HOME and ./runInstaller it will execute the first it finds in
the PATH.

The patch info can be found in Metalink under patches    database
win     9.2.0.5     readme.
You have to perform an install of the installer first and then execute
the newly installed installer.
Hope this helps,
Ron

>>> aaron_sentell@xxxxxxxxx 06/09/2004 2:11:40 PM >>>
I guess I should explain where I wanted to go with this. Does anybody
out
there understand the new architecture for OUI 10? Should it be
installed in
its own Oracle Home? Must it be installed in the Oracle Home of the
database
you are wanting to patch? And other questions of this nature.

If anybody has any knowledge about it or knows where I can read about
it
further, I'd be curious to know.

Thanks,
Aaron