Re: OTN downloading problems

  • From: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GovindanK <gkatteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 06:47:37 -0700

I received this reply back from Oracle (on a non-technical SR):
"Please try to logout of oracle.com, then clear browser cache and
cookies, close all the browser windows and open the browser again. Go
to oracle.com and login, then navigate to OTN and try to download
again."

Using IE8, I still had problems. But, I tried downloading with Firefox
and it worked.

They did change the security settings in our organization last week,
supposedly  to make things more secure, but like what usually happens
in those situations, they just wind up making it it even more
difficult to get any real work accomplished. Now we spend half our
time trying to figure out workarounds to their "security updates".

--
-- Bill Ferguson