OT: standards

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:41:12 -0400

Here's a happy note Ellis to lift you out of your gloom....In Statetech =
magazine I read this morning, "In 2001, the state (Delaware) dissolved =
the IT organization, then spent two years rebuilding it from =
scratch....by making the state's salary structure similar to private =
industry, Delaware was able to rehire about 80% of its IT staff and also =
lured tech workers from the private sector." =20

A careful reading of that sentence tells me that Delaware was able to =
SHED 20% of it's dead weight... Way to go Delaware!  Anyway, Ellis you =
have provided the most entertaining reading I have experienced in =
awhile.  If you give up on IT you can join Scott Adams (Dilbert) or Dave =
Barry as a commentator. <g>