Re: OT: looking for a DBA

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 20:26:03 +0100

On 10/26/06, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/25/06, Ethan Post <post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > It is expected you have read a few of the books by the authors on this > list, you should be pretty handy at shell, willing to travel. The job is > more a hodge podge of software development/implementation support, no job > should be beneath you but when you get bored of doing boring stuff, you > should be smart enough to automate it or make it go away.

That is probably the best concise job description for a DBA that I have
ever seen.

beat me to the punch Jared, that's a fantastic job description.

-- Niall Litchfield Oracle DBA http://www.orawin.info