Re: OT - SarBox paranoia prevention ?

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: qnxodba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:48:51 +0000

On 02/19/2005 05:18:22 PM, mhthomas wrote:
> Are your 'vendor supplied store precedures' wrapped? If so, then
> what's the problem?
> Its hard for the DBA to change a wrapped stored procedure unless they
> have source. :-)

I'm not sure where such a paranoia toward DBA comes from. n all documented =
cases of
somebody screwing the company up, it was the management, not the DBA. Enron=
, MCI
Global Crossing, Adelphia and Martha Stewart weren't pillaged by their DBA =
staff,
it was the management of the company who really messed them up. What is the=
 SoX logic?=20
Ken Lay, John Rigas and Martha Stewart broke the law, cheated their shareho=
lders and=20
engaged in insider trading, which means that we really ought to make the li=
fe of a=20
DBA impossible? I'm not sure about the logic of such law and about the audi=
tors=20
interpreting the law in such an idiotic way. If I've said something politic=
ally=20
incorrect, please bear in mind that I am a foreigner and that my English is=
 no good.
No habla ingles!

--=20
Mladen Gogala