OT RE: RMAN Questions

  • From: "Mohan, Ross" <RMohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:58:33 -0400

Mladen,

In metaphorically de-referencing a backup thread as a rope, and then
comparing
to OPS, RAC, etc. you are possibly forcing the generic, helpless, anonymous
and
witless DBA to make a major purchasing decision which could result in
massive
failures in his IT department, general business failure, loss of job,
family, and indeed
life.

I think you are a very bad and malicious person. You should be passed no
more
pointers to metaphors, and set to "moderated" status. Perhaps only then
you'd
learn how to behave in a large yet delicate and fragile community of DBAs.

There, I said it. I feel better.