Re: OT: Laptop Memory of "Oracle Lab" -- 16gb support "good enough"?

  • From: Mark Bobak <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "elkinsl@xxxxxxxxxxx" <elkinsl@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 19:21:44 +0000

Personally, I would go with as much memory as you can afford, *especially*
if you want to do RAC or DG setups, that require multiple concurrent VMs.
With 12c memory requirements pushing to 4GB, and future versions almost
certainly going beyond that, there¹s no reason to go with anything less.

Yes, you¹ll probably be fine today with 16GB, but, if you want to do
various multi-VM tests, and looking to the future, I would absolutely get
as much memory as possible.

-Mark