Re: OT - Getting fired for database oops

  • From: Mike Haddon <m.haddon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 23:32:25 -0500

I will bet that DBA manager had never been a DBA.

Mathias Magnusson wrote:
Maybe the moral could also be to not fire people while being angry, upset, and stressed out. I'm sure an organization that operates under the assumption that a mistake is a fireable offence does't run very well. From this story I'm pretty sure I'd have gone home and posted my resume the very day I heard how he had treated a coworker. I would not want to work for that manager any longer than it took me to land a new job.

Settling usually means that money is payed. I bet the company ended up paying...

Mathias