OT? DBA Project Mgmt Tools

  • From: "Mohan, Ross" <RMohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:26:33 -0400

        Smallish Team of DBAs, Largish Group of Projects. Projects range
from ad hoc "add user.." to multi-month "redesign app..." and have
varying priorities. Each project assigned to at least one DBA.

        What tool(s) do listers like that allow scheduling, tracking,
alerting,
updating, reporting, etc. in this situation.

        I am getting ready to default to MS Project, but it would be nice
to hear about alternatives that aren't stratospherically-priced,
function-bloated, and Oracle-unfriendly.

        I've got ideas for PM tools in a DB context, but little experience
with them. I'd like most to hear from people who've already gotten their
hands dirty with them..

        TIA,

        Ross