Re: OT - Cloud Control 12c and VMware

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 12:57:26 -0600

Based on my experience, OEM is sensitive to CPU clock and time.  It
stores a lot using TimeStamp.  Make sure the VM environment is not
overcommited, or the VM exchange could bite.

But I'm finding latest update to CC 12c significantly more reliable than
others.  I've even been able to make it run reliably in VMWare
Workstation and VirtualBox for demos, so the above statement is not
quite as dramatic as I found it on 10g and 11g.

While you are at it, I note that Blue Medora has a plugin to monitor
VMWare in OEM CC 12c. (http://bluemedora.com/)  Looks intriguing.

/Hans