Re: OT: Anyone using Kindle for Oracle Docs and/or other tech docs?

  • From: Steve Baldwin <stbaldwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:58:03 +1000

I haven't specifically tried it for Oracle pdf's but this (open source) tool
is pretty slick for organising your ebooks :

http://calibre-ebook.com/

It will convert pdf's to mobi's (and other formats for other ebook readers).

Steve

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Keith Moore <kmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree. I find it almost unusable for PDFs. For the text to be readable,
> you
> need to scroll back and forth to read each line.
>
> You can convert PDFs to a kindle readable format. Here's a good article on
> the
>

> http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/09/how-to-do-almost-everything-with-a-kindle-3/
>
> I haven't tried too many documents and it does work but not always
> perfectly.
>
> Keith
>
> > I use it but it's less than ideal. In order to read the pdfs, you have to
> > rotate and zoom in the document. I would like the Kindle to convert pdfs
> into
> > a readable format like Thinkfree Office does on my Android phone.
> >

> > Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.nitrodesk.com)
> >

> --
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both.
If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the
sender and delete the email.