OT: Anyone using Kindle for Oracle Docs and/or other tech docs?

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 19:53:06 -0700

Only slightly off topic I guess.

The proliferation of documentation makes it hard to keep the right stuff
at hand, as well as any docs I would like read.

Printing and stapling/binding just doesn't work well anymore.

Has anyone had good success with using the Kindle for Oracle docs
and other technical documentation?

The Kindle does have some limitations, such as a 200 file limit.

That shouldn't be a problem, as most of us probably only need a few
documents
out of the documentation set.  Though I would like them for 9i, 10gR2 and
11gR2.

An iPad or other tablet would work, but Kindle has the following benefits:

* better battery life
* easier to read, especially outdoors
* smaller form factor makes it easier to tote
* and finally, a lot less $$$ than a tablet computer.

TIA!

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com