Re: OT: Adv Perl Book Update

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: qnxodba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 04:16:04 +0000

On 05/26/2005 11:38:48 PM, mhthomas wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Does anyone have advance knowledge about this?
> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/advperl2/
>=20
> New version due next month?

It is extremely confusing. The author of the Advanced Perl Programming on m=
y shelf
is Sriram Srinivasan. This new book is authored by Simon Cozens who is, in =
his own
right, quite a known name in the perl world. I am confused about two editio=
ns of the=20
same book being written by two different people? Did they get married? Did =
Sriram
mary an American who likes to play "Simon says"? I believe that O'Reilly ow=
es us
a little explanation here.

--=20
Mladen Gogala