OT: A Holiday gift to yourself: Oracle Training for next year!

  • From: "Carol Dacko" <dackoc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:46:18 -0500

For those of us who cannot get to UKOUG (like me) next month, there still is
great training on this side of the pond that shouldn't be passed up!

In February 2009, the Rocky Mountain Oracle Users Group (RMOUG) will have
their annual Training Days event.
I have always found this event to have great speakers and very reasonably
priced (non-member for two days is a bit over $300 if I recall correctly).
It will be held on the 11th and 12th of February 2009 in Denver.  Details
should be on the RMOUG website (www.rmoug.org) soon.

In March 2009, HOTSOS will have their annual HOTSOS Symposium.  This
conference is strictly devoted to Oracle system performance.  The speakers
for this event have just been announced.  Chris Date will be the keynote
speaker this year.  Since I have never met Chris Date before and being in
this business, this will be a unique opportunity for me to meet the legend.
Here is the list of speakers for this year:
http://www.hotsos.com/sym_speakers.html.  This is a compelling list of
speakers that makes it hard not to miss this event!

The HOTSOS Symposium runs from the 8th through the 12th of March in Dallas,
TX.  Registration is already open with early registration starting at $1150
for the event until the 2nd of January 2009.  Prices go up after that time.

Since training dollars may be slim at your company, both of these
conferences are a great value for you to even fund out of your own pocket if
necessary.  And yes, that is what I do.  At least I will be getting value
out of seeing this money spent.  Not like seeing my meager 401K shrink even
smaller!

So if you have to spend some company training dollars now before the end of
this year, this might be the time to get your conference fees paid for up
front for the 1st quarter of next year.

Look forward to seeing many of you at these conferences!

Best to everyone for this upcoming holiday season,

Carol Dacko
University of Michigan

PS Yes, I cannot believe that we are not going to a football bowl game this
year!  How demoralizing!