Re: OS upgrade for RAC

  • From: Ludovico Caldara <ludovico.caldara@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 17:33:22 +0200

Hi Amir,
If I'm not wrong, this topic has already been discussed... Oracle says that
they will not support your configuration after the third day because they
don't want to run into many customers doing indefinitely long rolling
upgrades. Technically there are no reasons, I think it's more a political
one.
Anyway, I would do the opposite: ask the list and validate from Oracle...
just my 2 cents
--
Ludo

Thanks Mark.

What you have stated is exactly what I was also wondering, especially when
it is a rev. upgrade and not a Sol10-to-Sol11 upgrade.