RE: ORa-4030 on 9.2.0.5

  • From: "Subbiah, Nagarajan" <Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Mark J. Bobak'" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>, "Subbiah, Nagarajan" <Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:05:13 -0500

ORA-4031 error is not happening now and we are not using the RMAN.

After the shared_pool size is increased and merged the 2 sub pools into a
single pool, The ORA-4030 occurs. As I mentioned in the earlier mail for the
'Shared pool from 8i to 9i' , this could be related to the monitoring script
of shared_pool fragmentation and the monitoring script is now stopped.

Could any one give some commands to findout the server memory usage (HP UX
11i)? When the ORA-4030 occurs, I would like to findout how the memory
utilization of the server is? I am leaning towards either the OS memory is
exhausted or It could be an Oracle Bug. Any other causes why the ORA-4030
occurs?

Thanks,
Raja

--