ORION

  • From: "oracle sos" <sosoracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 00:15:25 -0500

Good evening

I am going to setup ORION(Oracle I/O Numbers Calibration Tool) on my new
Linux server to test disk I/O of my database server. I am so confused the
setup procedures in the User Guide. Did anyone work on ORION before and
would be able to help me answer the questions that I have?

1. In the User Guide, it said that ORION test is completely dependent on
asyn I/O, so the library libaio needs to be in one of the standard lib
directory or accessible through the shell env library path variable
(LD_LIBRARY_PATH or LIBPATH). How can I meet this requirement? I checked the
Liunx box, there is libaio rpm installed.

# rpm -qa libaio
libaio-0.3.96-5

2. Do I must create mytest.lun file and use this name for the value of
-testname during the test?

3. What does physical spindles mean? This is the value that need to be
passed to -num_disks parameter.

Many thanks for all the help and happy Thanksgiving.
Cindy