ORAESB spawning thousands of connections

  • From: "Kenneth Naim" <kennethnaim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Group" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 15:36:26 -0500

I have an ORAESB(10g container 10.1.3.3) application which is spawning
1000's of connections maxing out the max processes against its database. If
I change the max connections in the app server it complains it "cannot get a
physical connection" if I leave as -1 (unlimited) it keeps spawning
connections until it hits max process and then complains it cannot connect
and give a ora-12516. I've never worked with this app before and this issue
started when we migrated the database from linux to windows. I bumped max
processes to 2500 from 300 and the connections seem to grow slowly over a
period of 20 minutes to about 2000 and then drop to about 300 and start
growing again. I know the information is vague but any idea would be
appreciated.

Ken