RE: ORACLE9 Windows 2003 TCP Port Sharing

  • From: "Magni Fabrizio" <Fabrizio.Magni@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:46:59 +0200

> We are on ORACLE 9.2 on AIX 5.2.  We would like to connect to
> an oracle 9.2
> database on Windows 2003.
> The windows box is in a DMZ on the network.  The AIX machine
> is in a private
> address space behind the firewall.
> We only want the Windows box to talk to the AIX machine on
> windows port
> 1521, and the router, firewall, etc are configured to only
> only that port
> through to AIX.

Hi Brian,
where is the connection strating from?

The AIX?

Then you need a port open (the windows listener) on you firewall
permitting connections toward the windows machine.

Because of the "port redirection" you need USE_SHARED_SOCKET=TRUE.
It does work: my only windows box in production has that parameter set.

If the connection start from windows and the firewall has the listener
port opened toward the AIX you don't need any additional setting.

Regards
Fabrizio

PS: Check if the windows can route properly the private address of your
AIX.