Re: $ORACLE_HOME on JFS2/AIX5.2 ?!

  • From: Kresimir Fabijanic <kfabijanic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:17:57 +1000

Hi

Not sure about moving from jfs to jfs2 - btw cio (concurrent i/o) is the
mount option in the jfs2 - it should not to be used with temp dataspace
- otherwise no other issues - we have $ORACLE_HOME on jfs2 with cio,
datafiles, index files, archive logs, some redo logs, control files all
on jfs2 with cio enabled - so far we did not have any issues - (except
for the tar with temp file - "cio" causes frequent ORA-600 on query that
needs to use temp - in data warehouse it would be well... pretty much
almost every query).

If you get more information regarding the requirements of $ORACLE_HOME
to be on non "cio" file system, can you, please, keep me posted.

BTW what is "dio" - we have not had an honor to check that acronym
(maybe direct i/o?).

There is a white paper on cio and Oracle performance on IBM's web site
(just pit the "concurrent i/o and Oracle" in google and it should be
right at the top)

HTH

Kind regards

Kresimir Fabijanic