Re: ORACLE_HOME

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:07:24 -0800 (PST)

> In my case below, I just want to know which tnsnames.ora file I am using.
> There are many tnsnames.ora files in this server and I was able to try each
> to figure out the one I am using. But this is not the right way to get the
> answer ... (I feel home when running Oracle in UNIX :)

The easiest way to definitively find which tnsnames.ora is actually
used is Filemon on Windows. It's easier to use than you would expect!
Just remember to filter on name "tnsnames.ora". To save time, save the
result to a text file and search for "tnsnames.ora" from top down.

On UNIX/Linux, it's strace/truss.

Yong Huang