Re: ORA-6510 wrapped PL/SQL no easy access to source

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 22:11:15 +0800

The trace file would have an ERR# entry before the "SQL*Net break/reset client". The ERR# would be the Error Number.

Hemant  K Chitle

At 02:10 PM Tuesday, Jack van Zanen wrote:

Error:
ORA-06510: PL/SQL: unhandled user-defined exception

When we trace the application we can see the statement executed returning no rows and having the "SQL*Net break/reset to client" waits with it. These waits point to an error in the call, but what I really like to see is the actual oracle error generated which is unfortunately hidden by the user defined exception.

How can I find out, without going back to the vendor, what the actual error message is.

I will try "alter system set events '6510 trace name errorstack level 1';", but will it help?

Jack van Zanen

Hemant K Chitale

http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com