Re: ORA-4031 error and can't login to the db

  • From: "Haroon A. Qureshi" <haroon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:30:48 -0500

thanks paul.

the shared pool is 600mb and the java pool is 150mb.  i did
end up killing the pmon process and restarting the database
and the patch.  everything is running fine now.

i always thought that the reserved pool was for the priveleged
users to be able to log in to the db in a situation like this.
 i can understand the 4031 error and shared pool sizing but i
don't see how/why i couldn't log into the db without having to
kill the process and restarting it.  just wanting to be
proactive on this, in case there is something wrong that i'm
missing.

haroon