Re: ORA-4031 (10.1.0.5 on solaris)

  • From: "Ujang Jaenudin" <ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Peter McLarty" <p.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:58:51 +0700

thanks peter,

regarding sga_target, I also have the same experience about disabled it.

but may be someone has experience, that ORA-4031 and some invalidation
on sys objects

SQL> select object_name,object_type,owner from dba_objects where
status ='INVALID';

OBJECT_NAME                    OBJECT_TYPE         OWNER
------------------------------ -------------------
------------------------------
LTUTIL                         PACKAGE BODY        SYS
LT_CTX_PKG                     PACKAGE BODY        SYS
LTADM                          PACKAGE BODY        SYS
LTPRIV                         PACKAGE BODY        SYS
LT                             PACKAGE BODY        SYS
CSM_ENCRYPT_PKG                SYNONYM             PUBLIC
MGMT$BLACKOUT_HISTORY          VIEW                SYSMAN

I guess due to upgrading from 10.1.0.2 to 10.1.0.5

SQL> /

COMP_NAME                                                    VERSION
                    STATUS
------------------------------ -----------
Oracle Database Catalog Views
10.1.0.5.0                     VALID
Oracle Database Packages and Types
10.1.0.5.0                     VALID
Oracle Workspace Manager
10.1.0.2.0                     VALID
JServer JAVA Virtual Machine
10.1.0.5.0                     VALID
Oracle XDK
10.1.0.5.0                     VALID
Oracle Database Java Packages
10.1.0.5.0                     VALID
Oracle Expression Filter
10.1.0.5.0                     VALID
Oracle XML Database
10.1.0.5.0                     INVALID
Oracle Enterprise Manager
10.1.0.5.0                     VALID

the workspace manager still on 10.1.0.2 version....

regards
ujang

On 7/10/07, Peter McLarty <p.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Ujang

Gee you get all the good ones to work out.

http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2006/12/04/resizing-the-sga/ has some
comment about the use of SGA_TARGET
The following metalink notes may assist you in identifying if you are
able to get it to work or if you need to find a suitable value for a
fixed SGA

Note:396940.1, Note:62143.1, and Note:146599.1 might all help you to
find the cause of this, whether it is a problem with the application or
4GB is too small. I am suspecting that it is an application design issue
that you will find, probably not reusing code effectively, may not use
binds effectively

HTH

Cheers

Peter