RE: ORA-3113 while creating a cluster database 9201 RAC on Linux with OCFS

  • From: "Ikediugwu, Chinedu SITI-ITPSIE" <C.Ikediugwu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:37:19 -0000

Hi,

Thanks for your responses.

I have solved it. I think there's a bug in the 9201 DBCA, after creating the
database it doesn't open it before trying to create other datafiles. So I
modified the scripts and created the database manually and it works.

I'm testing RAC on a non supported kernel (self complied 2.4.9-e.37), so I
can't run the hangcheck-timer (unresolved symbol error). Can I still patch up
cluster manager and RAC to 9204? What benefits will I get, without the
hangcheck-timer module?

Regards
Chinedu

  Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:43:39 -0000
  From: "Ikediugwu, Chinedu SITI-ITPSIE"
  <C.Ikediugwu@xxxxxxxxx>
  To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Hello List,

  I'm testing RAC on two nodes, I'm trying to create
  9201 RAC cluster =
  database (cluster manager 9201) using DBCA.

  Please, What causes the ORA-3113 error and how do
  fix it? Are there =
  any specific init parameters that have to be set.

  Thanks in advance.

  Regards
  Chinedu