ORA-26028: index initially in unusable state

  • From: "John Dunn" <jdunn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:56:31 -0000

I am trying to understand why I get this error when using direct path
sqlldr.

There are no constraints on the table, just this index which is one field in
the table.

Why do I get this error?.

The error text says

Either rebuild the index, re-create the index, or use either
       SKIP_UNUSABLE_INDEXES or SKIP_INDEX_MAINTENANCE (Sql*Loader only).

but it is not clear to me which I should do. using the skip options seems
easiest, but what are the implications of using any of the skip options?

Any help appreciated

John