ORA-14006 Invalid Partition Name on alter table...truncate partition

  • From: "Mohan, Ross" <RMohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:11:32 -0000

It's got to be something obvious, which would
make this an embarassingly naive question, but, here goes.=20

I've got a table "tab" and a partition "part"

i do alter table tab truncate partition (part);

i get, repeatedly, ORA-14006, invalid partition name

I am logged in as the schema owner, i have tried every
(well, a lot) permutation of pre/post parenthetical spacing,=20
capitalization, i've tried pulling the partititon name using
dynamic SQL to account for hidden control chars, there are no visitors
in v$transaction, redo is quiescent, the dba_TAB_PARtitions
tables shows the partitions as named, and =
dbms_space_admin.tablespace_verify
on the relevant tspaces is OK ( "completed succesfully" )=20

I've opened a tar, but...this should be easy, and I am=20
plumb out of ideas.=20

Oh, yea, forgot to mention. If we don't get this solved in
the next coupla hours, we've got a major failed migration on
our hands.=20

Any help really welcome.=20