ORA-12549: TNS:operating system resource quota exceeded

  • From: nilesh kumar <nileshkum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 04:02:28 +0530

Hello DBA's

Good Evening!!

Hope every one is doing great!!

Its 10g on solaris.

We are getting this error when the Application team try to process data
through ETL. But I did not find any errors related to this in the alert log.
Has any one also faced this type. Is there any solution to resolve this
issue.

DPSTN_LTGTN,0: connect failed for  env: null, user: , password: *****
Oracle error: -12549
ORA-12549: TNS:operating system resource quota exceeded

Is this an error related to the OS issue.? or can we resolve this by
resizing the memory? Please advise. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Nilesh