Re: ORA-12547 : TNS lost contact

  • From: Onkar N Tiwary <onkarnath.tiwary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:01:10 +0530

I checked for the alert.log also but no error reported there. the problem is
errupting when a user is trying to connect to server from the client pc but
on the server i am able to connect but that too without using connect
string. I was wondering it might be a problem because of the patch as I had
told earlier also that before we had been using 9.2.0.1
<http://9.2.0.1>without any such error but when we applied a patch on
this and upgraded to
9.2.0.6 <http://9.2.0.6> then we started getting the error. Now after
wasting a lot time on this issue, we were in a position to resolve this
problem but then we had been another error
 *ORA-12500 : TNS listener unable to start dedicated server process*
now we are planning for the re-installation of oracle using the method :
 1. full database export
2. created script to create same tablespace with same users and same
password
3. importing the dmp file
 Is this method ok?????