Re: ORA-12535: TNS:operation timed out

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Lu.Jiang@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:05:40 -0400

You're not doing sqlnet valid node checking are you?  I've seen that when
someone tries to connect but they are not in the allowed list of IP in
sqlnet.ora file.

joe

_______________________________________
Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Consultant
Data Engineering and Administration
Nationwide Investments

(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage?
Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Dec 11-13, 2009 here in Columbus.

From:
"Jiang, Lu" <Lu.Jiang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:
03/10/2009 12:56 PM
Subject:
ORA-12535: TNS:operation timed out
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,

I got ' ORA-12535: TNS:operation timed out' error while trying to connect
to a database from my client machine via SQLPLUS. Database machine and my
client machine are under different domains. The database port is already
open to my client machine, tnsping works fine. The sqlplus connection to
the database works fine on other client machines which under same domain
as the db machine. And also sqlplus connections from my client machine to
other databases work fine.  Please help me on this issue.

The following is the output on my client machine:

H:\>sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on Tue Mar 10 11:32:11 2009
Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.
Enter user-name: system@ocval
Enter password:
ERROR:
ORA-12535: TNS:operation timed out

H:\>tnsping ocval
TNS Ping Utility for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on
10-MAR-2009 11:24:27
Copyright (c) 1997 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.
Used parameter files:
C:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\sqlnet.ora
Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias
Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL
= TCP)(HOST = ocdbval.vali
dated.mbl)(PORT = 1521))) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME =
ocval.validated.mbl)))
OK (20 msec)

Thanks,
Lu