Re: ORA-08177 at insert?

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Toon Koppelaars <toon.koppelaars@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 13:24:12 +0200

Toon,
thank you for your comment.
there IS an index on the table (and without an index - the problem does not
reproduce at all).
It somehow makes sense as there is an 'update' in the index structure.

Now you directed my curiosity away from blocks to index splits - and how
uncommitted entries are handled exactly (and why they harm serializable or
are secured by rowdependencies).

Martin