ORA-08176: consistent read failure; rollback data not available

  • From: "Vaidya, ShreepadX M" <shreepadx.m.vaidya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:57:04 +0530

 We implemented UNDO management on our servers and started getting these
errors for few of our programs:=20

ORA-08176: consistent read failure; rollback data not available=20

Per Oracle9i Database Error Messages reference:
Cause: Encountered data changed by an operation that does not generate
rollback data: create index, direct load or discrete transaction.=20

Action: In read/write transactions, retry the intended operation.
Read-only transactions must be restarted.

We did not encounter these errors when we  were using the old rollback
segments and we have not changed any code on our server.=20

Our environment is Oracle DB on Windows 2000 AS.

 Any inputs/suggestions would be great.

                Thanks and regads