RE: ORA-01940: cannot drop a user that is currently connected

  • From: "Spears, Brian" <BSpears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jdunn@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l digest users" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 07:19:47 -0400

 Does the process show up in V$session. (Most people have scripts joining
v$session and v$process to show sessions that will not show sessions because
the show will only show sessions with process and you can miss some in other
states.) Sometime app/web servers constantly relog in after being killed
making it hard to drop the user. In those cases I shutdown /startup
restrict, drop the user then take off the restricted session.