Re: ORA-01940: cannot drop a user that is currently connected

  • From: "Daniel W. Fink" <daniel.fink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mayurpnagarsheth@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 08:58:16 -0600

Is there an "inconsistency" in the data dictionary? I have recently come across a few bugs in 10g/11g that cause incorrect entries in the data dictionary (like tables without segments, objects where the owner does not exist any longer).

Did Oracle support have you run a 'healthcheck'? There is a script available from them (not sure how publicly available it is) that found these inconsistencies in one database I am supporting.

What you really REALLY need to do is to go back to Oracle Support and ask for a transfer. It sounds like the current support analyst is not helping and that is just not acceptable.

On 10/06/2010 08:46 AM, mayur nagarsheth wrote:
This user account has been locked since 1 month. No active connections, no active sessions, no db links, no objects are being owned by this user. I revoked all the privileges this (ACOSTA) user had just to be on safer side. But nothing works :(

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Andy Klock <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:55 AM, mayur nagarsheth
    <mayurpnagarsheth@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:mayurpnagarsheth@xxxxxxxxx>>
    wrote:

        There are no jobs existing with these users. Also, it is not
        on RAC.

    That is a strange one.  Not knowing how your database is set up,
    is it possible that ACOSTA connects periodically?  Could you try
    locking the account, then do the delete?

    alter user acosta account lock;

--
Thanks n Regards,
Mayur Nagarsheth