Re: ORA-01722 until shared pool is flushed

  • From: "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JayMiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:33:01 -0600

Jay,

I don't see where anyone responded to your posting, so I'll give less than
expert opinion.
So you're getting an "invalid number" error? Review this AskTom discussion.
Apparently this ORA-01772 can occur in some strange ways.
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:45012348053
Since you say that flushing the shared pool seems to alleviate the problem
for awhile, this problem might somehow be related to the shared pool getting
fragmented. You might consider pinning this stored procedure in memory.

Dennis Williams