Re: ORA-01688: unable to extend table %s.%s partition %s by %s in tablespace %s

  • From: "Derya Oktay" <deryaoktay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ghassan Salem" <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:25:28 +0300

Hi,
Ghassan, first I tried only 2nd issue, it didnot work alone. After doing the
first issue in addition to that, now I am not getting the errors.
Thanks.
derya.

On 9/11/06, Ghassan Salem <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Derya, what you can do is :

   1. drop old snapshots from the awr (look at
   dbms_workload_repository.drop_snapshot_range)
   2. modify the capture frequency (or stop the capture if you do not
   use it): look at dbms_workload_repository.modify_snapshot_setting. It allows
   you also to specify the retention period, so that it drops the old ones
   automatically.

rgds

On 9/11/06, Derya Oktay <deryaoktay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ghassan,
> For instance I am getting below error messages, there also exists other
> segments:
>
> ORA-1688: unable to extend table SYS.WRH$_SEG_STAT partition
> WRH$_SEG_ST_3099024518_2898 by 128 in tablespace SYSAUX
>
> ORA-1688: unable to extend table SYS.WRH$_ACTIVE_SESSION_HISTORYpartition
WRH$_ACTIVE_3099024518_2947 by 128 in tablespace