Re: ORA-01410: invalid ROWID on Oracle 10gR2

  • From: "Ghassan Salem" <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cthart@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:53:54 +0100

Colin,
as per bug 4052655, closed as not a bug, this is expected behavior (and
parallel query in conjunction with an online index rebuild is not supported,
as per documentation).

On 1/25/07, Colin 't Hart <cthart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Last night I encountered an ORA-01410: invalid ROWID during a long running
query (5+ hours)
I Googled on ORA-01410 and saw this note
//www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/08-2006/msg00075.html
from Jonathan Lewis how this is possible if an index is rebuilt while the
query is running -- which is probably what happened here: our nightly
refresh process was started earlier than normal to rectify a data error and
about 15mins alter my query errored out with:
ORA-12801: error signaled in parallel query server P004, instance
odork12.nuon.local:A01ORK02 (2)
ORA-01410: invalid ROWID

The interesting thing is that this happened on Oracle 10gR2 (64bit version
of 10.2.0.2.0 on 64bit Linux), so it's still possible on a newer version
than 9.2.0.4 that Jonathan mentioned.

Cheers,

Colin

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.