Re: ORA-01135 selecting from the view

  • From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ikar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 20:31:38 +0200

I suspect that you had an unique index on this table on an online datafile and that this index has been dropped very recently. If this is the case, bring the datafile online, recreate the index in a safe place and you will be back to where you started from.

HTH

Stéphane Faroult

Inessa Weiner wrote:
Hello,

I am getting the following error
selecting from the view

select count(*) from v_xxx;

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01135: file 5 accessed for DML/query is offline
ORA-01110: data file 5: '/db011/oradata/.dbf'

It worked fine for are very long time even earlier today too.
The datafile is offline for many years already and we did not have problems before.

Please help.

Thanks.
Inessa.

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l