RE: ORA-01115 IO error reading block from file string

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ray Stell" <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 10:19:54 -0400

I'm denying it basically by process of elimination.  We have tested the
datafiles for corruption with RMAN and haven't found anything. The error
is hopping around to different datafiles and blocks. HP says it's
monitoring doesn't detect anything and says Oracle ought to wait longer
and is suggesting setting the SCSI timeout value from 60 to 90.  If we
had a SCSI timeout it would be in the event log.  There are no errors in
the event logs.

Other servers connected to the SAN aren't experiencing any problems, but
none of them are under the same kind of load.  This is our prod
transactional db.

I'm not sure how to check to see what the maximum wait time for access
to the primarily identified datafile is.  Statspack doesn't show
anything unusual over the period the errors occurred and I'm aware that
you can't identify or troubleshoot a discrete error with aggregate data.
The disks are in RAID 10 configuration (SAME).

The only identifiable node that the error occurs on is Node 2 because
our batch process only connects to that. The other connections are load
balanced so we're not sure whether or not its occurring on one or both
nodes.