ORA-01033 After upgrading Oracle 9.2 to Oracle 10g on Windows 2000.

  • From: "Kumar, Dharminder" <Dharminder.Kumar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 10:49:09 -0400

Hi All,
Recently I upgraded an Oracle 9.2 database to Oracle 10g using dbua the gra=
phical utility provided by 10g for upgrade. But after upgrade whenever I st=
art the database using Windows Service OracleServiceSID and then try to con=
nect to oracle using sqlplus, I get ORA-01033 Oracle Initialization Shutdow=
n in progress ( I get this error even if I try sqlplus half an hour after b=
ooting the system).=20

But if try to startup the database as follows, the database becomes operati=
onal and then I can connect to the database without above error.
SQL>connect /nolog;
sql> conn sys/password@sid as sysdba;
sql>shutdown;
sql>startup;

So where should I look into so that Oracle DB start with the Windows Servic=
e and I do not need to manually start the database.=20
Thx.

Dharminder Kumar
Senior Consultant
AllStream IT=20

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged inf=
ormation. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender i=
mmediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any=
 dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intend=
ed recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal. Unless otherwise stated, o=
pinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and are not endors=
ed by the author's employer.</FONT>